If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
1. Type of personal information collected
Personal Information: The type of personal information we collect may include is set out below.
We may collect and store information about you when you use this Site.
We use the information for the following reasons:
- Provide Site functionality and support the Site
- Personalise your experience and track how you use the Site
- Provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Site
- Display advertising relevant to you
- Marketing our Site
- Communication with you
- Enhance the security of the Site
We may disclose personal information for purposes including providing our products and services to you, as required by law, and for legal obligations.
More information on information collected for Site functionality:
- Personalisation – We may store and use your full name, email address, address, postcode, and other information that may be required to create an account on the Site. Your username as well as any photo you submit through the sign up process may be public visible as part of your account profile. You can always modify the information under your Account page, or contact us on the Contact Page.
If you feel that an account has been created using unauthorised information, please contact us on the above link.
- Communication – When you sign up for an account on the Site, or subscribe to our newsletter service, you are opting in to receive messages from us, or possibly other Site users. You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the Unsubscribe button in each email. Please note that you may receive emails directly from us for administrative or legal purposes. We may track your actions in response to communications sent by us. This may include whether you opened, forwarded or deleted these messages.
- Content – Any information that you contribute to the Site is intended for public consumption. Listings or reviews that are submitted may be displayed on the Site, providing it adheres to the Content Guidelines.
- Site Activity – We may store information about how you use the Site. This may include pages viewed, the date and time of your visit, computer or device information (such as – Type of device, IP address, browser information, location). You may be able to disallow use of certain location data through your device or browser settings.
The Site utilises a standard technology called “cookies” and web server log files to collect information about how our Website is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Website, and the Websites visited just before and just after our Website.
3. Display of Advertisements
We may display third party advertisements on the site. When we display online third party advertisements to you, some of these advertisers (such as Google through the Google Adsense program), store cookies or web beacons on your device, and collect information about your browsing history to display relevant advertisements for you.
When we display personalised targeted ads, we take a number of steps designed to protect your privacy. Page views, clicks and search terms used for ad personalisation targeting are stored separately from your contact information or other data that directly identifies you. We also give you the ability to control your preferences to receive this type of advertising via an opt out tool. For more information or to use the opt-out tool, you may visit www.youronlinechoices.com.au which offers a single location to opt-out of ad targeting from member companies.
4. Access to and correction of personal information
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to request access to the personal information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise your right under the Privacy Act to seek access to the personal information that we hold about you, we ask that you contact us.
Complaints about breach
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us.
5. Account Termination
If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
We will remove any information that identifies you, but we will retain specific information created by you in relation to the subject of the site, such as business or place listings, ratings or reviews.
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
For any questions or notice, please contact us
Local Ideas ABN: 21 324 092 772
Contact Us: Contact Page
8. Changes to this Policy